Tribes RPG is a modification for Starsiege: Tribes which thoroughly converts the First Person Shooter into a Role Playing Game using swords, magic, and bows instead of guns. Generally on RPG servers you select one of several different classes, which usually determine how quickly different skills advance, and certain traits (rangers can sleep in "unknown" areas). You can then explore a large world, containing various dungeons and towns, populated with various types of monsters and NPCs, respectively.
Tribes RPG was originally created by someone named Mathiew Bouchard (who identified online at the time as "JeremyIrons"). He left the scene around 2001-2002.
Most RPG mod servers are unique, as Tribes and the RPG mod are naturally very modifiable.
Tribes RPG is included as part of the Tribes Repack.
Tribes RPG shares system requirements with Starsiege: Tribes. However, your system may need higher specs than is needed for basic Tribes. The following is recommended:
- 600 MHz or faster processor
- 256 MB or more RAM
- Any 3D graphics device
- Original Tribes RPG download page (no longer exists)
- Archive of original Tribes RPG forum
- Archive of original Tribes RPG newbie guide
- Archive of original memberlist
- Archive of original TRPG General Discussion board
- Archive of original 'Story Forum'
- Archive of original TRPG Documentation board
- Archive of original TRPG Binker and Newbie's RPG board
- Archived interview of JeremyIrons